QIC: Cable Guy
PAX: Chernobyl, Cable Guy, Elmer Fudd, Photo Op, Red Ryder, Newton, Golden Pinky, Platinum Pinky, Link
Gloom Factor: Clear but chilly, 47ºF
EC: NATX Ruck Club members (6) rucked the hills of Travisso dodging sprinklers in the cold gloom. With GRUCK selection on their minds, a 60lb sandbag accompanied them along the way taking a turn with each member.
10 Willie Mays Hays IC
10 Imperial Walkers IC
10 Windmills IC
10 Arm Circles IC
10 Reverse Arm Circles IC
10 Seal Claps IC
10 count Arm Stretch
The Thang #1
YHC led the PAX through a modified team version of the DORA 1-2-3 with each member performing the following:
- Round 1-Merkins x 25 single count led by YHC
- take a lap through the dark around the field behind the clubhouse meeting back at the American Flag
- Round 2-LBC’s x 20 and Freddy Mercury’s x 20 each leg, both done OYO
- take a lap up the hill in front of the clubhouse meeting back at the American Flag
- Round 3-Squats x 25 single count led by YHC
By the end our PAX was looking at a total of 225 Merkins, 360 Mary exercises, and 225 squats…plus some cardio of course.
The Thang #2
Next the PAX formed a giant oval around the island in the middle of the clubhouse parking lot where we embarked on the NATX Tire Relay, feature the lovely Candice.
With Candice starting at the American Flag, Candice would be flipped from member-to-member relay style until she found her way back the the flag. As each PAX member would take their turn with her, they would call out their favorite Mary exercise that would be performed by the remaining PAX until Candice was passed along to the next. The Mary exercises that were called out are as follows:
- American Hammers
- Freddy Mercury’s
- Mountain Climbers
- Side Planks (called out twice)
- Box Cutters
- Crunchy Frogs
- World War Two’s
- Flutter Kicks
- Plank Jacks
- Dying Cockroaches
With time still remaining, the PAX took Candice for another lap around the island.
YHC used the NATX Tire Relay as the Mary for the day.
- Golden Pinky brought to attention that there will be a special Halloween Ruck workout at The Greyhound on the Wednesday before Halloween and encouraged the PAX to wear costumes citing potential rewards in the form of less pain for those that do. If you don’t have a ruck, (buy one already!), one will be provided for you.
- Chernobyl is looking at finalizing details for a 3rd F opportunity in the form of helping out at Operation Turkey on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. More info to come on this.
Great workout this morning by the 9 guys that decided to exit the fartsack on what is sure to be the first of many cold mornings. Also glad YHC was able to get out for the EC Ruck for the first time in quite sometime. always enjoy the mumble chatter and extra work.